World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
Event: Meeting of the Expert Group on PWS Public Education and Outreach (22-24 March 2006; Geneva, Switzerland)Published by: WMO ; 2006
Before going into detail about how to develop a public
education and outreach programme, consideration will be
given to some general issues associated with such
programmes. These include:
• How can the effectiveness of public weather service
programmes be enhanced?
• What is public education and outreach?
• Why have a public education and outreach
• What are the key strategies for public education and
• What are the critical success factors?
• What are the benefits of building partnerships?
• Do staff have the appropriate skills?
• How can appropriate skills for the staff be developed?
Collection(s) and Series: WMO/TD- No. 1354; PWS- No. 14
Format: Digital (Free), Hard copy
Tags: Guide ; Capacity development ; Education ; Meteorology ; Service Delivery Division (SDD) Add tag