Report of the Ninth GCOS Reference Upper Air Network Implementation and Coordination Meeting (GRUAN ICM-9)
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) ; United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization ; Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission ; United Nations Environment Programme ; International Council for Science ; World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)Published by: WMO ; 2017
The 9th GRUAN Implementation and Coordination Meeting (ICM-9) was hosted by the Finnish Mete-orological Institute (FMI) from 12 to 16 June 2017 in Helsinki, Finland. It benefitted from support by the local hosts, NOAA, and from the NOAA US GCOS office. The meeting included:
• A special session on Arctic research relevant to GRUAN.
• A special session dedicated to management of the change from RS92 radiosondes to alterna-tive sondes.
• An optional visit to the Vaisala factory outside Helsinki.
• A break-out session on GAIA-CLIM outreach.
• An optional MeteoMet training course.
• An optional visit to the GRUAN site at Sodankylä during the weekend following ICM-9.
Collection(s) and Series: GCOS- No. 211
Format: Digital (Free)