Definitions and methodological options to inventory emissions from direct human-induced degradation of forests and devegetation of other vegetation types
The report discusses:
- Alternative definitions and provides possible framework definitions for countries to consider;
- Methodological options to inventory emissions from degradation and devegetation activities;
- Approaches to reporting and documentation; and
- Implications of methodological and definitional options for accounting under the provisions of Article 3.4 of the Kyoto Protocol (including issues of scale, costs and accuracy).
- Guidance on possible methodologies for estimation of greenhouse gas emissions or removals provided in this report draws substantively on the GPG-LULUCF.
Collection(s) and Series: IPCC National Greenhouse Gas Inventories Programme
Format: Digital (Free), Hard copy
ISBN (or other code): 978-4-88788-004-7