Below is the list of relevant e-Journals on the meteorological or the environmental field compiled and selected by the WMO Library .
You can search a journal by clicking in "Refine your search". It will display search criteria: search by title or by editor, by topic or by language .
All the journals are freely available online unless otherwise specified. Please note that some publishers allow only limited access to their contents. For further information, see the publisher's website .
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) ; United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) - German IHP/HWRP National Committee, 2004-[...]IHP/HWRP publications Scientific papers originating in the work of the German IHP/HWRP National Committee are published in the series IHP/HWRP-Berichte under ISSN 1614-1180.[serial] Published by: German IHP/HWRP National Committee
IHP/HWRP publications Scientific papers originating in the work of the German IHP/HWRP National Committee are published in the series IHP/HWRP-Berichte under ISSN 1614-1180.
Format: Digital (Free), Hard copy
Archives access: 2004-[...]
Frequency: 2 issues a year[serial][serial] See available issues Search in serial Published by: iLEAPS
Format: Digital (Free)
Archives access: 2005-[...]
Frequency: 2 issues a year[serial] Published by: SENAMHI
Format: Digital (Free)
Frequency: Irregular[serial][serial] See available issues Search in serial Published by: OMM
Language(s): French; Other Languages: English, Spanish
Format: Digital (Free)
Archives access: 2003-[...]
Frequency: 2-4 issues a yearThe International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR) is the journal for researchers, policymakers and practitioners across diverse disciplines: Earth Sciences in its entirety; Environmental Sciences; Engineering; Urban Studies; Geography; and Social sciences. The International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR) publishes fundamental and applied research, critical reviews, policy papers and case studies focusing on multidisciplinary research aiming to reduce the impact of natural and technological disasters. The International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR) stimulates ...[serial] Published by: Elsevier
The International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR) is the journal for researchers, policymakers and practitioners across diverse disciplines: Earth Sciences in its entirety; Environmental Sciences; Engineering; Urban Studies; Geography; and Social sciences. The International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR) publishes fundamental and applied research, critical reviews, policy papers and case studies focusing on multidisciplinary research aiming to reduce the impact of natural and technological disasters. The International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR) stimulates exchange of ideas and knowledge transfer on disaster research, mitigation and risk reduction at all geographic scales: local, national and international.
Format: Digital (Free)[serial]Underwater World Publications Ltd, 2008-[...]International Ocean Systems (IOS) is the leading European-based magazine serving and informing the vast and important international oceanographic market. It comprehensively covers the field of ocean data gathering, underwater surveying, and instrumentation, and is distributed worldwide.Permalink"International Ocean Systems (IOS) is the leading European-based magazine serving and informing the vast and important international oceanographic market. It comprehensively covers the field of ocean data gathering, underwater surveying, and instrumentation, and is distributed worldwide."
(Source: Publisher's website)PermalinkThe International Trade Forum is the magazine of the International Trade Centre (ITC). It focuses on trade promotion and export development, as part of ITC’s technical cooperation programme with developing countries and economies in transition. The magazine is published quarterly in English, French and Spanish.PermalinkState of Israel, 1998-[...]Israel Environment Bulletin is published by the Ministry of Environmental Protection twice a year. Its aim: to survey environment policy and activities in Israel for the benefit of readers worldwide.PermalinkAMS, 1888-[...]Published semimonthly by the American Meteorological Society, the Journal of Climate covers climate research and, therefore, welcomes manuscripts concerned with large-scale variability of the atmosphere, oceans, and land surface, including the cryosphere; past, present, and projected future changes in the climate system (including those caused by human activities); and climate simulation and prediction. Occasionally the Journal of Climate will publish review articles on particularly topical areas. Such reviews must be approved by the Chief Editor prior to submission.PermalinkMeteorological Society of Japan, 1965-[...]PermalinkSchweizerischen Eidgenossenschaft, 2011-[...]MeteoSchweiz produziert neue Klimabulletins zum Monats- und Saisonverlauf. Die Bulletins mit ausführlichem Text und attraktiven Grafiken stehen ab August 2011 kostenlos.PermalinkPermalinkIUCN, 2005-[...]Marine News is the IUCN Global Marine and Polar Programme e-newsletter. It includes news stories related to a diversity of marine-related topics such as climate change mitigation and adaptation; threatened marine species; energy and industry; marine protected areas; marine invasive species; fisheries and aquaculture; ocean governance and the Arctic. It also highlights recent marine expeditions and outstanding marine photographs.PermalinkU.S. Department of Commerce, 1998-[...]The Mariners Weather Log (MWL), a publication of the National Weather Service (NWS), contains articles, news and information about marine weather events and phenomena, storms at sea, weather forecasting, the NWS Voluntary Observing Ship (VOS) Program, Port Meteorological Officers (PMOs), cooperating ships officers, and their vessels.
The MWL provides meteorological information to the maritime community, and contains a comprehensive chronicle on marine weather. Through the MWL, the VOS program recognizes ships officers for their efforts as voluntary weather observers, and allows ...PermalinkPermalinkPermalinkJMA, 1984-[...]To promote research and development for meteorological satellite data utilization and application, the Meteorological Satellite Center (MSC) issues the Meteorological Satellite Center Technical Note (in print form only) once or twice a year.
This contains articles, reports and notes including the results of research and development related to meteorological satellites.PermalinkMeteorological Technology International is [...] dedicated to the latest developments in climate, weather and hydrometeorological forecasting, measurement and analysis technologies and service providers.PermalinkPermalinkDMG, 1999-[...]Mitteilungen DMG – das offizielle Organ der Deutschen Meteorologischen Gesellschaft erscheint vierteljährlich und wird kostenlos an unsere Mitglieder abgegeben.PermalinkPermalinkPermalinkPermalinkThe Natural Hazards Observer covers disaster issues, recent disaster management and education programs, hazards research, political and policy developments, resources and Web sites, upcoming conferences, and recent publications.PermalinkPermalink
PermalinkPermalinkIIASA, 1979-[...]Options Magazine presents the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) and its research for a non-specialist audience. Issues since 1977 are available online.PermalinkPermalinkThe OzonAction Newletter produced by theOzonAction Branch is a tri-annual publication dedicated to the protection of the ozone layer and implementation of the MontrealProtocol.
Since 1987 the OzonAction Newsletter has played an essential role in providing the excellent record of authentic, policy-relevant and consistent messges that contributed to the progress that Parties to the Montreal Protocol have achieved.PermalinkPermalinkPermalinkPermalinkPermalinkThe Polish Geographical Review, of major importance among Polish geographical circles, has been appearing since 1919, which makes it the oldest Polish geographical journal. In the years 1919-1953 it was the organ of the Polish Geographical Society, whereas since 1954 it has been published by the Institute of Geography (and Spatial Organization) PAS.PermalinkNational Academy of Sciences, 1919-[...]PNAS is one of the world's most-cited multidisciplinary scientific serials. Since its establishment in 1914, it continues to publish cutting-edge research reports, commentaries, reviews, perspectives, colloquium papers, and actions of the Academy. Coverage in PNAS spans the biological, physical, and social sciences. PNAS is published weekly in print, and daily online in PNAS Early Edition.PermalinkUNESCO, 2002-[...]This quarterly newsletter provides information on the work of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in the field of natural sciences.PermalinkThe newsletter is aimed at sharing the latest satellite-related information in areas such as imagery, data, products and training, including:
- Access to satellite imagery, data and products including application products
- Training activities currently available or planned
- News on meteorological satellites
- News on new services
- Progress reports on the Pilot Project
- Introduction to activities of other RAs and the WMO VLabPermalinkThe Regional Office for Europe initiates a regular RA VI Newsletter, which will be issued twice a year. The objective is to raise the awareness of RA VI Members of the numerous activities taking place in the Region. The Newsletter will provide information about the work of the RA VI subsidiary bodies - working groups and task teams, regional events in hydrometeorology, as well as, interesting activities conducted by Members and other partners. We would like to encourage all RA VI Members to send us information about important developments, projects, weather extremes and other interesting stori ...PermalinkPermalinkAu travers de ses différentes rubriques, le journal offre un panorama sur : des recherches intéressant les pays en développement dans toutes les disciplines ; les modes d’organisation de cette recherche ; l’expertise, le transfert et la valorisation des résultats de la recherche ; la formation et le soutien aux équipes du Sud.PermalinkConfédération Suisse, 2002-[...]"Un seul monde" - le magazine de la DDC - vous emmène quatre fois par année faire un tour du monde d'un genre un peu particulier. Il vous fait voir des régions et des pays sous des angles inhabituels, éclaire les arrière-plans, et permet de découvrir les problèmes et espoirs qu'implique une coopération engagée. Il vous procure une information régulière sur des thèmes importants du développement et prend position concernant les questions d'actualité.PermalinkConfederazione svizzera, 2002-[...]"Un solo mondo", la rivista della DSC, la porterà con sé, quattro volte all'anno, in quei suoi lunghi, specialissimi viaggi attorno al mondo. Avrà modo di vedere regioni e paesi da prospettive del tutto inedite, conoscerà i retroscena di significativi eventi, le problematiche e le chance dell'impegno nella cooperazione allo sviluppo. Da una rivista che non manca di prendere posizione sulle tematiche più attuali, sarà regolarmente informato circa gli importanti temi della cooperazione allo sviluppo.PermalinkSouth Bulletin: Reflections and Foresights takes stock of ongoing debates on major global policy challenges and delivers regular flow of analysis and commentary to policymakers in the South.PermalinkISSI, 1998-[...]The Spatium magazine containing the lectures of the Association Pro ISSI in a form that is easily understandable by using attractive visual information.PermalinkPermalinkPermalinkThe Bulletin is the Centre's main publication. Published approximately two years after earthquakes occur, it contains all relevant information for a given month's earthquakes. For each event the origin estimates given by other agencies are listed, followed by the refined estimate calculated by the Centre. This gives origin time, latitude, longitude and depth with standard errors. The earthquake's felt effects and any unusual scientific features are also described. Magnitudes are calculated from body waves and surface waves when individual stations report measurements of amplitude and period, o ...PermalinkPermalink